Your First Machine Learning Project in Python Step-By-Step
Do you want to do machine learning using Python, but you’re having trouble getting started?
In this post, you will complete your first machine learning project using Python.
In this step-by-step tutorial you will:
- Download and install Python SciPy and get the most useful package for machine learning in Python.
- Load a dataset and understand it’s structure using statistical summaries and data visualization.
- Create 6 machine learning models, pick the best and build confidence that the accuracy is reliable.
If you are a machine learning beginner and looking to finally get started using Python, this tutorial was designed for you.
Let’s get started!
How Do You Start Machine Learning in Python?
The best way to learn machine learning is by designing and completing small projects.
Python Can Be Intimidating When Getting Started
Python is a popular and powerful interpreted language. Unlike R, Python is a complete language and platform that you can use for both research and development and developing production systems.
There are also a lot of modules and libraries to choose from, providing multiple ways to do each task. It can feel overwhelming.
The best way to get started using Python for machine learning is to complete a project.
- It will force you to install and start the Python interpreter (at the very least).
- It will given you a bird’s eye view of how to step through a small project.
- It will give you confidence, maybe to go on to your own small projects.
Read more at Machine Learning Mastery