OpenPSA runs on the LAMP+M platform, and has been in production use by several companies since 2002 and available under the GNU GPL license since May 2004.
Release 1.10 includes major improvements to all modules of the OpenPSA suite. Development in 2004 has focused on adding scalability features to the applications and improving the user interface. Main changes are:
- Reporting hours from Calendar events
- Optimizations for supporting thousands of tickets per month
- Email integration, controlling the whole support conversation in OpenPSA
- Better search tools
- Sales (CRM)
- Website and seminar registration integration with Midgard CMS
- Smarter CSV import
- Support for tentative reservations
- iCalendar export of user's events for desktop integration
- WebDAV (Web Folders) support for desktop file share integration
Suitability for organizations
OpenPSA is suitable for consultancies and service organizations ranging from 1 to 400 users. The software package is now available in English, Finnish and Italian, and it is easy to translate to other languages. Support is available from the OpenPSA community, and commercially from Nemein.
In addition to regular corporate usage, the OpenPSA also supports the possibility to provide the system as a hosted Application Service Provider solution. The software can be configured easily to support the service provider's brand image with colors and logos.
OpenPSA 1.10.0 can be downloaded from:
There is also an online demo of OpenPSA available.
Development of the OpenPSA package is coordinated in the Tigris.org Open Source community. The development resources and issue tracker can be found from