This week in open source and Linux news, Toyota’s 2018 Camry to feature Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) infotainment system, older Raspberry Pis risk vulnerability without updating, and more. Read on!
1) Toyota has adopted the Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) platform for its infotainment systems. The 2018 Toyota Camry will be their first vehicle to have it preinstalled.
2) Older Raspberry Pi devices may be more vulnerable to the malware if they haven’t been updated in a while.
3) Toyota’s decision not to offer Apple CarPlay or Andriod Auto, favoring a Linux system. What will this mean for proprietary software fans?
4) “[Red Hat Summit & OpenStack Summit] brought unique open source perspectives as a business and as a community.”
5) Eric S Raymond has brought back Colossal Cave Adventure as an open source program.